Well, they want to be able to save the file to the server (Novell, so file servers and home drives are mapped), run a batch process that automatically takes all the docs in a folder and prints them. Formatting is crucial.

I thought of using cffile to upload, but that would require the doctor to save the form on their local PC, then browse and upload it, wouldn't it?

Thanks!

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293

http://www.childrensdayton.org

"There is no right price for the wrong product, even if it is inexpensive and delivered on time."

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/8/2004 10:34:18 AM >>>

Are you wanting them to save the actual PDF file to the server or just
save the form data?

I haven't done much with PDF forms, but I think they send their
information via normal HTTP connections. So if they are connected
enough to fill out a form as a web page, then they should be able to
send the data from a PDF form as well.

If you mean that they should be able to save the actual PDF file to
your server, then I don't know. That depends on how you would save the
file to the server if they were connected to the company network. If
the people just save to a "G:" drive or whatever that is a mapped
network drive, then I don't think it's going to be simple. You would
have to have an alternate way for people to upload the file, like
using a CF form to upload it, an FTP server, or a WebDAV share.

-Kevin