>No comments on what MAX has to offer to make it worth it? More then
>meeting friends and such. Are the speeches really worth the hotel and
>flying etc?
>
>I mean i would love to go but unless there is a good business reason i
>doubt i'll get them to pay for it next year lol.

These conferences are invaluable. This will be the only time you can sit down together with a whole bunch of very respected people in the industry and just shoot the breeze about any subject that comes to mind. Not that you can't do that online, but I compare it to workng remotely v. being in an office. You miss the coffee break chats, the chance conversations in the hallway, all the little exras that direct interaction brings.

It is also a great place to see a wide variety of presentations that you just can't get in one place otherwise. Perhaps if you live in one of the CF centers that is well supported by a big CFUG community- NYC, DC, Atlanta- you get some of that locally. And no disrespect to SDCFUG, which I ran for awhile and which Bill Dale and Cameron Childress are doing such a good job with now. But we're a smallish community compared to some others. I am a big believer that you can only achieve critical mass in ideas by having lots of people come together- the more the better. A hundred is ok. A thousand is great. At a certain point it becomes overkill- maybe the old Comdex shows would be a good example of that.

Plus, HoF will have the suite open for all to share their ideas. How can you beat that?