sounds good! Never saw it in Jacksonville or Orlando.

Dana

----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:17:43 -0400
Subject: Re: localization/McDonald's question
To: CF-Community <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, as I've encountered it around New Port Richey, FL and points east...

The Cuban sandwich is made on Cuban bread, which is baked in long
loaves, somewhat like French bread, wrapped in palmetto leaves for
baking. An appropriate length (about 8-10 inches) of bread is cut off
the loaf, and it is then sliced through the middle, dividing top and
bottom. Then, it is piled with sliced baked ham, a special kind of
spicy roast pork, Genoa salami, Swiss cheese, and dill pickle, graced
with mustard, perhaps mayo... and then pressed. A sandwich press is
like a large waffle iron, but with flat plates. The sandwich is
brushed with melted butter on the outsides, then put into the press. A
weight is applied, and the sandwich heats and flattens for a few
minutes, melting the cheese.

It is a pretty simple affair, but squabbles erupt over adding lettuce
and tomato (a "cracker" Cuban) or serving it not pressed.

Lifted from http://www.peanut.org/users/mike/text/Cubansan.htm

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/21/04 04:03PM >>>
yuck yuck :) What's in a Cuban sandwich anyway -- I'm thinking
potatoes and olives and stuff?