dana tierney wrote:

> I thought I had already said, but maybe not clearly enough. Foreign
> soldiers on your own soil are military targets, not terrorist targets.
> I actually do NOT think attacks on US troops in Iraq are justified
> since at this point they are merely trying to keep the peace afaik,
> but this does not make these *terrorist* attacks.

I very much agree with that.

> The same applies to British troops in Northern Ireland. Unjustified,
> but not *terrorist* either.

I am not sure I would agree with the notion that the troops of the United Kingdom stationed in Northern Ireland are foreign troops.

> Bombing a campsite frequented by Israeli families or killing
> schoolchildren is beyond the pale and not only reprehensible

I agree.

> but DUMB and counterproductive.

If only that was true. No matter how reprehensible, I am inclined to believe terrorist attacks such as those are fundamental for the exposure of a terrorist group which in turn is fundamental to attracting new members.

Jochem