Happened a lot in world war two. I am not sure I don't agree with you,
but then again I am not sure that I do.

I remember once telling a French professor that I admired
Louis-Ferdinand Celine's use of language, a vivid mix of slang,
technical and obsolete terms, and she utterly and completely put me
down for this.

Turns out that he used to do a broadcast for the Germans, and that was
enough for her. He was beyond the pale, always and forever, no matter
how imaginative his use of language. To this day collaborators are bad
in France, no matter what. But there were people who tried to use
their authority to shield local Jews, and yet and yet they
participated in an undoubtedly evil system... and some of them were
hung for it, too.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this. Nor do I think that the
US invasion of Iraq compares with that of France by Germany. Even if
you put the worst possible construction on the motives of the Bush
administration for this invasion, the goal was never genocide, and at
the moment I think is simply to keep the peace.

But that is my opinion, safe here in New Mexico. Does it look like
that if you are a 14yo in Sadr CIty?

Dana