I think they have scientifically proven that Buddhists are the happiest
people in the world.

Eric

  _____

From: Ben Doom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: September 28, 2004 12:37 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Here we go again....

> But Won, there is a huge difference here. Faith is not REQUIRED for
> me to believe the scientists. If it is scientifically proveable, then
> I could obtain the necessary knowledge whereby I could conduct the
> experiment myself, verify it, and eliminate the need for faith.

You assume that you are capable of acquiring the necessary skills to do
so.  I could just as easily claim that I could go sit on a mountain side
for a few years and rediscover Buddhist Enlightenment from first
principles.  :-)

I ask the following question to genuinely understand the answer, not to
mock.  That said, why do you seem to think that having faith in your
fellow man is a bad thing?  Science is no less cool, inspiring, or
important for it requiring a certain amount of trust.

--Ben

  _____