At 12:20 9/28/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>As I mentioned earlier, its not my area, so in all honesty I cannot
>comment without familiarizing myself with it. which I really don't
>have time to do.
>
>more later people.
>
>larry

Larry,

But you don't need to be familiar with this field of science to actually
answer the question.  It actually works better.
If the 5 leading and only experts in this particular field, after extensive
proof-reading, can verify and reproduce all the math in this Physics
problem and claim that the proof is correct, what are you going to
do?  Will you accept it as a fact, truth, law etc etc?

Or will you refuse to accept the validity of the proof because you were
unable to verify the results yourself?

And Brian,

Yes a scientific fact is a scientific fact.  But again, look at it from
your personal point of view.  Someone proves something and gives you a
manner in which to prove it.  Except the proof is beyond your
comprehension.  You are free to try to re-produce the solution but ability
prevents you from doing so.  But let's say 1,000, no let's make it 1
Million,  leading scientists all verify the solution and agree that the
solution is correct.  What are you going to do?  You going to believe
them?  If you do, you can't tell me that is not faith.  You have a belief
or a faith that the proof is correct based on the expertise and agreement
on those scientist.

Like I said this faith my subtle differ from the faith that is used by
religious organizations but it is faith.  It's faith in the system.  It's
faith in the scientist.  It's faith on something that you can not fully
comprehend.