At 16:19 9/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Maybe you guys hear a lot about I-Bankers (International Bankers?),
>but they are outside of my ken, so I don't think they're THAT big of a
>flaming pile of trend poo

I Bankers = investment bankers or the guys (and most of them are men) who
work at least 90 hours a week.

I see your point about why IBankers are in the news.  M&A is always big
news and when I-Banks merge there is always a ripple through the Street.  I
actually lump the financiers in PEG and LBOs in with the I-Bankers because
most them have experience as I-Bankers and they are essentially deal makers
since most of their operations happen outside the transparent capital
markets.  If we are going to talk about the financiers then we must surely
include the hedge fund managers.

Goldman and Morgan are the top 2 banks.  But I think everyone will agree
that Lehman, once thought to be second tier especially when comparing their
investment banking franchise, has emerged as a first class bulge bracket.

I'm close to NYC so i feel the presence of I-Bankers everywhere.

Gruss, you still haven't shared why and how you have such a wealth of info
about Wall St.