Kerry said the "I commited" quote on Meet the Press, not in
Congressional testimony.

He also very clearly stated what he thought those violations were. He
also noted that most of what he did was considered standard
operational doctrine by the US military.

Case in point, he considered the use of .50 cal machine guns against
human targets to be a violation of Geneva Convention. Technically it
is, but the US military defines that particular machine gun as a
weapon to be used against vehicles and buildings, so it is still
usable on the field of battle.

--

will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher