> Sam wrote:
> They need to take responsibility for being under a
> constant threat from terrorists?
>
> I don't understand your point.

Great thread, BTW.

So my point would be that whatever the historical basis, the reality
is both the Israelis and Palestinians want the same land and both feel
they are entitled to it.  They each feel the other are the "real
terrorists" and both want the other to go away.  That's a stalemate.

When your at a stalemate that neither party wants, you are both
responsible for fixing it (are you married?)

Mr. Dinowitz reminds us of some of the very well meaning efforts the
Israelis have made for peace, but, in the end, efforts mean nothing.
Only results do.

If the Israelis are making efforts then it suggests that they want an
end to the killing.  I believe the right person could use that to
force one of 2 outcomes: a.) a mutual settlement, or b.) a UN forced
settlement.