Government taking from one private entity to give to another.  ehm... what does that
sound like?

-----Original Message-----
From: Deanna Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 2:03 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Envy Of The World?

Actually, there are already regulations in place, at least in
Wisconsin. Right now health care providers face fines if they give the
flu shot to anyone that is not in the CDC's high risk category. My HMO
had plenty of vaccine for everyone, but the state has taken it away so
that they can meet the needs of the other providers who didn't plan
ahead. My provider wants me to get a shot (as a parent of a child in a
high risk category), and I could have gotten one a few weeks ago. I
don't think I can anymore, as it would appear that I don't meet the
strictest CDC guidelines, even though I meet the American Academy of
Pediatrics (as a parent) guidelines. Wacked, eh?