Um lets see, the US kicked out a very popular government in the 50's
and replaced it with a brutal repressive dictatorship. Supplied that
dictatorship with arms and equipment. Trained its torturers for about
30 years. Then when there was a populist movement to replace the
government, the US was hostile to the interim regime immediately.
Later it sheltered the former dictator and actively schemed to return
him to power. Then to top things off the embassy papers (which should
have been destroyed well before the takeover) showed that the US was
actively involved in the torture and the oppression of the nation as a
whole

And you wonder why the Iranians are pissed off at the US?

larry.