> Brian wrote:
> That's a lot different than saying "he's not too bright".

As I said, his real strength is emotional IQ and I think he relies
heavily on that to make decisions.  That is, he's a emotional decision
maker rather than quantitative one.  This is why he's so unwilling to
admit mistakes.  In his mind, the principle of why he did something is
still true:

"It's our duty to liberate people."

"Saddam Hussein is evil and must be destroyed."

If, in reality, these pursuits prove unworkable he can't see that
because he's not looking at the changing data, only the principle
justification.  So, to Mr. Bush, the fact that Iraq is imploding
doesn't change his core belief that Mr. Hussein was evil - so he
continues to insist that he was correct.

For data-driven people this concept is absurd and dangerous.

For faith-driven people this concept is admirable.

It would appear that 50% of our country is mostly data-driven while
50% is mostly faith-driven.