http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/opinion/19franks.html?ex=1255924800&en=dfe849b12233309f&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Second, we did not "outsource" military action. We did
rely heavily on Afghans because they knew Tora Bora, a
mountainous, geographically difficult region on the
border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is where Afghan
mujahedeen holed up for years, keeping alive their
resistance to the Soviet Union. Killing and capturing
Taliban and Qaeda fighters was best done by the Afghan
fighters who already knew the caves and tunnels.

Third, the Afghans weren't left to do the job alone.
Special forces from the United States and several
other countries were there, providing tactical
leadership and calling in air strikes. Pakistani
troops also provided significant help - as many as
100,000 sealed the border and rounded up hundreds of
Qaeda and Taliban fighters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52673-2004Oct21.html

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail