> Andy wrote:
> My problem is both of your willingness to state opinion as fact when reality
> is so much more complicated.  In many ways you are acting in the same
> fashion that you accuse the man you dislike, which seems somewhat
> disingenuous.

How about these facts then:

1.) General Shinseki spent decades in the military under both parties
and was promoted to one of its highest ranks.  This is material
evidence that Gen. Shinseki was "Army material."

2.) Gen. Shinseki violated the unwritten rule - he publically broke
ranks with the Pentagon.  This is material evidence that Gen. Shinseki
disagreed with the Pentagon and its Iraq policy.

The question to  you is, do you think a career military officer who
publically broke ranks with the Pentagon was happy in his position?
Do you think the Pentagon valued his opinion?

If both answers are no then I'd say we're standing on firm ground.