From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:16 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: What About McCain?

> Brian wrote:
> I'd think your feelings toward either candidate would be lukewarm at best,
> given your criteria.

Yes, that's true, they would be.  There are 2 things that have really
turned me against Mr. Bush however:

1.) His complete abdication of fiscal responsibility.
2.) His bad decision to go to war in Iraq and his even worse conduct
subsequent to his bad decision.

When prominent members of your own party call you incompetent 3 months
before a presidential election, you're not doing so hot.

I think Mr. Kerry is ok, but I'd rather see many other candidates such as:

1.) John McCain,
2.) Chuck Hagel,
3.) Joe Biden.

But none of them are running, so Mr. Kerry is my guy.  Actually my
wife and I were semi-active in Gen. Clark's "run for president" grass
roots campaign a while back.  He  waned too.  I still think he's a
good leader, but his political IQ may be too low.