>I think Mr. Bush said it best today, "Americans will not be
>intimidated or influenced by an enemy of our country. I'm sure Senator
>Kerry agrees with this."
>
>We should do nothing to indicate that Bin Laden has any influence in any way.

Agreed. What I am suggesting is that the appearance of this video shifts the dialogue
away from Iraq, away from domestic issues and back to the War on Terror as the core
issue in the election. Because of the polling on the terrorism issue, Bush becomes the
default choice and Kerry becomes the outsider whose position is ... what? People still
don't know exactly what his position is, and that's not going to cut it.

I was watching Hardball tonight and Chris Matthews looked like he had swallowed a live
goldfish. He was looking like the cat that ate the canary yesterday with the al Qaqaa
issue dominating the headlines. Today is a different story.

I finally got my absentee ballot today- hoorah! Not that my vote matters in
California, the race here was decided before it even started. But we have a few local
issues in San Diego that I a m DEFINITELY voting on in this election.

Everyone in the U.S- go vote on Tuesday, this is what democracy is all about!