There's been much talk about how exit polls showed "values" equal to
or higher than Iraq, terrorism, or the economy.   And there is no
doubt that the Republican's victory last night was stunning.

But, to me, something seems different this time.  This time it seems
as if the election was cultural rather than political.  We've seen the
trouncing of Gay Marriage and the emergence of religion as policy
rather than policy based on ethics and ethics flowing from religion.

Maybe this is controversial, but if it's true that a majority of
people in this country want a more Christian governed country, a
country with the 10 commandments in government buildings, "under God"
in our pledge, and the elimination of "activist judges" who are
"activist" because they don't agree with the President, well, I have
to wonder if that's a people that share my values.

Certainly I love the freedoms we have, but I feel as if they're being
eroded or, more accurately, given away by 51% of this country.

Maybe things will drift back to a more ecumenical position in 2 or 4
years, but from where I stand we're at the doorstep of an American
cultural revolution and, based on the election last night, I'm in the
minority.