> Brian wrote:
> But when Kerry changed his mind, it wasn't flip-flopping, it was a sign of
> applied learning.....i'd think the left would love a republican who can
> change positions on an issue.

Mr Powell changed position based on no new information.  On Meet The
Press has was shown his taped speeches and said that the "analysis"
was no different.  The CIA director, however, testified to congress
that nothing new had been learned about Mr. Hussein for years.

Had Mr. Powell changed his position due to new information, fine, but
all he said was that the analysis had changed.  We now know that
basically means the President wanted war.

To be clear - changing positions is fine, you just need to show people
why and, if it makes sense (by passing a global test), no problem.