From: Russel Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 8:53 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Re[2]: beauuuuutiful friday

I can't say stupid.  I know a lot of otherwise intelligent folks over here
who still fall for his preaching.  I have an old neighbor who has to send
him $20 every week because she is convinced that that is the only way she
will be "saved."  She isn't stupid by a long shot, she is just religiously
niave.

Zealots like him prey on people who have a void in thier lives that the TV
seems to fill.  It reminds me of a radio spoof we had in New Orleans, the
"First Church of the Holy Gumbo" with Reverend Shamus Onyou.  The skits
centered around people who got all of thier religion from the radio.  These
were supposed to be caracatures of people, but I met people who were really
like that.

Russel