From: Won Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 11:01 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: [political] How the republicans won the elections.

Matthew Small wrote:
> Me = ESTJ.
>
> I often ask myself why I am a computer programmer.  I'd love to be in
sales.

> - Matt Small

Have you ever considered a career in software sales?  It's very
competitive; more so know with the software sector being slow.

I think even mid-tier software shops want to see at least $2M in sales
before they bring you on board.  I've been told that former engineers
have an advantage because they are able to relate to other "techies."
Thus they are able to show value to other engineers.   I've also been
told they are at a disadvantage because they can't "dumb down" the
presentations to the level where executives can understand why they need
the software.  So it's a give a take.

Oracle's success is often attributed to Ellison's cut throat, and
somewhat deceptive, sales tactics and his self-awareness to understand
he shouldn't do any of the software engineering.  Siebel was Oracle's
top sales rep until he started his own company.

--
2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant.