Maybe he has people watching as people get out of their cars. Maybe video
surveyallance. This is an old con and The Amazing Randi has blown the cover
on it time and again over the last 30 years. John whatever is just getting
sophisticated. BTW, is the show live? I doubt it. Who knows what is shown or
not shown. The camera is wonderous tool for the magician.

> > He fishes constantly. Watch it a
> > few times and look how often he says, "there name begins with John, Jim,
> > something like J or G, I'm getting...." Uh, yeah. Like that is not the
> most
> > common name in the US.
>
> I've seen him guess some odd names before.  He does say he won't
> always get
> the name, but he will always get the first letter .. which I've never seen
> him miss.  Then again, there are only 26 to choose from.
>
> > I wonder if he can talk to dead people in their
> > native language? So when you die, and you go, um, whereever, do we all
> talk
> > a common language? Is it English? French? Swahili? Would your name still
> > sound like John in Hindustani? Hmmm. Amazing. I love the idea
> of the dead
> > wanting to contact us, you know, to settle unfinished business. Couldn't
> > they wait until we die to settle it? Like they have nothing
> better to do.
> Or
> > maybe being dead is pretty boring.
>
> Supposedly, he doesn't talk to them.  They give him impressions
> .. images of
> things from his own life that are representative of what they are
> trying to
> get accross.  Well .. that's how it's supposed to work anyway heh.
>
> Anyways, even if he is faking it, I don't see anything wrong with
> it.  It's
> entertaining to me and in some way good for the people he
> 'reads'.  At lest
> he doesn't stand up there and beg for money hehe.

Maybe so. I certainly enjoy trying to read his cold read. My concern is when
someone like Nancy Reagan is making decisions on running the country based
on this type of input.

-Gary