slow? must have been a "feature" of the diesel engine. I had a gas
model and it accelerated plenty fast. It was great basic
transportation. I used to drive from Maryland to Ottawa Ontario on
about $50. The car did have a flaw though; the doors tended to open at
random moments. Had this happen more than once hanging a right onto
270 from the beltway. Still. Tied the door shut and was good to go :)
It's exactly the sort of thing I am looking for right now. I was young
and dumb at the time and killed that particular car due to not
checking the oil ever :P