One question I have with the defense's alibi that I haven't heard adequately
explained. I'm sure Gruss can explain it as a coincidence...but anyway:

The defense maintained that Laci was killed, probably while jogging that
morning, presumably by a stranger. This stranger then apparently held on to
her body. Why?

Assuming that this stranger held on to the body so as to figure out a way to
dispose of it later, the defense maintains that this person decided to dump
the body in the bay after Scott Peterson's alibi of fishing  became public.
Makes sense. Authorities find the body where Scott was fishing, end of
story.

My question: If this is the case.....why weigh down the body?