From: Robert Munn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:37 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Adult ADD

I wonder whether there are certain fields that attract people with these
symptoms. Sitting in front of the computer all day with the opportunity to
browse the Web whenver my mind starts to wander definitely helps me get
through the day. I can spend a few minutes just loking at some random thing
and then re-focus on my work. I spent close to a year in law school before I
realized I could never sit in a library all day and read cases for a living.

As to Dana's speculation about why it only occurs in this country, I would
suggest that the only difference between Americans and everyone else is that
we like to classify everything in medical terms. It is part of the American
desire to understand the world around us. I think it comes in part from
being a culturally young society where there are no "traditional"
explanations and therefore no bias against research into things that would
be dismissed in other societies.