seriously, come the fuck on... i mean, really....

we all KNOW what partner means... we really do...  its the
softer way of not getting into the "coming out" conversation,
but still making the statement...

trust me... i would NEVER EVER say, partner to people i didnt
know, as i wouldnt want them to insinuate ANYTHING.

no offense to anyone, but really, lets just come right out and
talk about it... as we all know that partner became cool, right
around the time it became cool to be homosexual... well, cool
to some, but what i mean is cool/ok to "Come Out" without
the fear of too much gay-bashing.  regardless... its, like mike said,
fairly normal to call someone bf/gf/wife/husband, and thats it.

partner has a connotation and stigma associated with it... so, i would
say, if you dont mean homosexual partner, i would use bf/bf/wife/hubby
cause if not, people will be confused, and assume things that arent true.

you may not care, and thats fine, but i wouldnt want that assumption
on my back.