So let us look at this:

Statement 1: He got the job over me because he is black
Statement 2: I didn't get the job because I'm not black
Statement 3: I didn't get the job because I'm white

To me those statements all say the same thing.

While the intent of the company may not have been to deny advancement, when
two people are up for the same promotion, and only one can get it, they by
default deny the other advancement. This is the normal progression of
business, and that is not the problem.

In business the effort to promote a minority should be second to the effort
to promote the right person for the job. Herein lays the problem.

Your Monday logic statement doesn't make any sense, because we know for a
fact that it can rain on any day of the week, and this is not something that
can be controlled by human forces.

However in the second example, I disagree with your assessment that the
second statement is not true.

Since she got the promotion because of AA, why then was I passed over? If 

Here is an example that does not use AA:
Statement: she got the job because she was the most qualified candidate.
Since she got the job because she was more qualified; I must have been
passed over because I was not the most qualified.

By your logic my example above is not true.
 
> It is different because one is a policy of actively excluding one group.
>   In an effort to diversify and promote a minority, the company has not
> actively engaged in trying to deny anyone advancement.  This is a huge
> logic problem on many levels.
> 
> Statement:  If always rains on Monday.
> Since it is raining it must be Monday is not a true statement.
> 
> Statement:  She got the promotion because of AA.
> Since she got the promotion because of AA I must have been passed over
> because I'm not a minority is not a true statement.
> 
> --



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144566
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to