Nick McClure wrote: > So let us look at this: > > Statement 1: He got the job over me because he is black
What company is going to tell you, "You got the job because you are black."? > Statement 2: I didn't get the job because I'm not black Is this a true statement or one person's opinion > Statement 3: I didn't get the job because I'm white You might have not gotten the job because you are male. Or maybe because you aren't black. Maybe he had the same exact qualifications and was black. Who knows. Illogical statement. > To me those statements all say the same thing. > > While the intent of the company may not have been to deny advancement, when > two people are up for the same promotion, and only one can get it, they by > default deny the other advancement. This is the normal progression of > business, and that is not the problem. > > In business the effort to promote a minority should be second to the effort > to promote the right person for the job. Herein lays the problem. > > Your Monday logic statement doesn't make any sense, because we know for a > fact that it can rain on any day of the week, and this is not something that > can be controlled by human forces. > > However in the second example, I disagree with your assessment that the > second statement is not true. > > Since she got the promotion because of AA, why then was I passed over? If > > Here is an example that does not use AA: > Statement: she got the job because she was the most qualified candidate. > Since she got the job because she was more qualified; I must have been > passed over because I was not the most qualified. > > By your logic my example above is not true. Yes, that statement is not true. You may have been passed over for myriad reasons. Maybe you didn't get the job because the manger disliked you. Maybe you didn't get the job because the manager preferred to work with someone else More over, the absence of AA doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a merit based system. People get passed over all the time for inane reasons. -- 2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant. Ron Artest: Extremely flawed, very accidental, semi-martyr ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support efficiency by 100% http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144573 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54
