Well, Mike asked us to drop the thread and I suppose he is right. I
don't see any minds getting changed here. I can see that affirmative
action may seem insulting but personally? I don't see programs for
women that way and was very glad to get my SBA loan, thank you.
I find it frankly incredible that women aren't applying for good jobs.

I also met a heck of a lot of really nice little kids who probably
grew up to have not much of a chance. Saying any chance at all is good
enough doesn't seem much comfort when thinking of particular children.
I am still troubled by those Urban Institute reports, so perhaps I
should not say no minds got changed.

It was a good discussion and some interesting ideas were expressed.

Dana