> Jerry wrote:
> Of course, the police are knowing accomplices.
> And I can guarantee who contributes more to the Police

A fascinating tale of corruption.  I read about some southern country
that wanted to eliminate speeding ticket revenue from the police and
there was an uproar; of course.

I think the whole speeding thing is a scam, at least where I live.

There's a stretch of freeway nearby where the average rushhour speed
is 80MPH and there are NEVER police.

On the weekend there's always patrols enforcing 65MPH.  This catches
idiots like me who get used to driving the road a certain speed.  When
I went in to negotiate with the prosecutor, I asked for a continuance
for dismissal, which I was granted, but at the maximum fine of the
ticket.

I asked why the guy was being such a d1ck, when this was clearly a
speed trap, and he said that it's how they raise money for "social
engineering."  I appreciated his honesty.