> Yves wrote:
> Yeah, if all things that could be  used in a killing had to be highly
> regulated (laws), there wouldn't be to many freedoms left.

The point is that guns are *only* designed to kill.  That's why most
people shoot at targets with silhouettes of people on them.

To take your logic in a different direction, why shouldn't I be able
to buy a SAM launcher or some plague?  After all, I'm responsible
right?  Heck, maybe it should be my RIGHT to tinker with a MIRV'd
ICBM.  ICBMs don't kill people ...

My opinion is that anyone that wants a gun for hunting should be able
to have one but not without a college degree along with a 2 year
progam degree in some type of Wildlife management.  Then you'd need a
permit for each type of animal you'd like to hunt and the permit would
be a 3 month course on that animal.

All degreed hunters would be able to escort 1 un-degreed hunter or
their kids up to 3.  The degreed hunter would be responsible for their
behavior.

You'd need some type of grandfather clause, but after that you'd
probably get rid of most of the morons.