> Jerry wrote:
> There are too many good people who have gone through all the right
> steps to let these dirtbags profit from their crimes. (Yes, crimes)

That's a bit strong when major portions of our enforcement arm are
actively not enforcing the law because it's demanded by business and
therefore citizens.

That is to say, there's 2 big reasons for illegal immigration:

1.) There's millions of jobs just waiting for immigrants that US
consumers demand but US workers are not willing to fill, and

2.) There's weak law enforcement due to #1.

Let me put it another way: Few Americans oppose the status quo because
it keeps our costs from rising and our standard of living up.  Kicking
illegals out would ruin that.

Enforcing the laws would force Americans to make a hard decision and,
as a country, we don't like doing that.  We prefer to be lied to and
cheated as long as we have our beer and SUVs.

[Voice of Montgomery Burns]
"Let Joe Sixpack have his 'tar tar' sauce.  He'll never suspect we're
milking him dry!"