I was terminally soured on this concept when I got wiped out in a
flood in Texas and wound up having to talk to people who would not
give me as much as a food box unless I attended a church service.
Their church service of course. This is the usual practice, at least
around San Antonio. It really bugs me because it assumes that 1) the
person's actual problem is that they are not attending church (as
opposed to FEMA having its thumb up its ass let's say) and that 2)
attending the service will somwhow help. Not to mention that if I had
been a practicing Catholic, I would have been committing a sin.

Dana