Dana wrote:
> I don't know that I agree, at least not in this case. I don't thnk
> that a doctor who believes that abortion or euthanasia is wrong should
> be forced to perform such procedures. But this is a patient who wishes
> not to be euthanized.

So a doctor should only be forced to perform some procedures he believes to be
wrong, not all?

> Since euthanasia is supposedly in the patient's
> best interests, shouldn't the patient have the final say as to what
> those interests are? Otherwise it's rather as if the state is saying
> "we know what is best for your health and we are going to do it no
> matter what you think."

Where does the state enter the equation?

If the patient can not come to an agreement on live prolonging treatment with
his doctor he should find another doctor instead of trying to force something
on his doctor.

Jochem