yes. Not sure what the dictionary definition is but I mean causing
death by whatever means. Of course now that I look at it again, you
would only do this if you believe it to be in the best interest of the
patient, so of course there would be an argument for doing so.
However, I don't think this argument should apply when a patient
specifically says that he wishes to be kept alive by any means
necessary. In other words, the patients opinion as to his own best
interests should trump his physician's, even if he turns out to be
wrong.

Dana