Not that I don't agree in principle but...  ;^)

There are criteria that need to be met for "our kind of life" that Earth
meets in spades.  In the solar system there is only one planet where life
can run as blatant and rampant as it does on Earth - and that planet is
Earth.

However there are many other nooks and crannies in the Solar system that
have a chance - sometimes a significant chance - for life.

The theorized sub-surface ocean of Europa (which is actually a very likely
place), middle layers of Jupiter's cloud cover (which seem to have more than
enough energy and more water, in total, that several hundred Earth's) and
the presumed mud-flats of Mars (even if we only find evidence of extinct
life on Mars it's still going to be the news of the century).

You don't really need "light" for life - just energy (which on Earth is
almost exclusively sunlight).  We've found life at the most inhospitable
places on Earth.  The steam vents of the ocean floor lack all light yet life
teems in super-heated water.

Hell - we've even found evidence of the simplest amino acids in interstellar
dust clouds.

In short it looks like life may be much more common than many people think.
Almost inevitable, in fact, given the right ingredients.

Now intelligent life may well be a different story... we're still looking
for proof of that here on Earth.  ;^)

Jim Davis