Too true.

It reminds me of another anti-evolution argument from the 70's: the "seeded
Earth" argument.  Here the idea was that Earth was "seeded" from spores
carried through space (or, in the more fantastical versions from microbes
left behind from alien visits).

Of course the fundamental issue is how did the life that eventually seeded
the Earth come to exist?  And if it could occur spontaneously someplace else
why not here?  ;^)

Jim Davis