I agree. And I think you agree that their argument is fundamentally
circular. We evolved here. Circumstances permitted us to evolve here.
Since circumstances permitted us to evolve here, then we must not have
evolved by accident. Doh. It's akin to saying that since my eyes are
grey there must be some intelligent creator who caused them to be grey
for some reason, and it proves just as much :)

Dana

PS - Don't remember Asimov's version though I probably read it, read
almost everything of his, can you refresh me?