>I don't think that that phone, computer and Internet improve lives
>dramatically. It sounds like the beginning of the end for their simple
>culture.
> 
>Matthew Small
>Web Developer
>American City Business Journals
>704-973-1045
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


I wouldn't call the culture simple. Its as complex as ours, just in a 
different, possibly non-technolgical way. however simple is not the way to 
describe them.

Several years ago I worked on a short term contract with the Bureau of Labor 
Statistics on an aid program intended to bring computer based training to 
villages in east Africa. That package failed because of the lack on 
connectivity and the price. It seems that this group managed to get around 
these restrictions. If it works, I can see "bare-foot medico" type training for 
villages, trades and skills on-line training etc. This may end up being a very 
big boost for those villages. Its this sort of foreign aid that works best - 
helping people themselves haul themselves up by their boot straps.

larry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble 
Ticket application

http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160763
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to