> Jim wrote:
> I realize it's not zero-sum game, nor do I have comparitive graphs with
> emissions comparisons between what a x cars put out in a 20 mile drive
> vs. the increased output of a plant necessary to power them up (etc.

I think you're right on with the solar panels, etc.  There's been lots
of talk about "micro" power plants; houses with windmills or solar
that feed back into the grid any power they don't need.

Here's the point: let's say your car could go 20 or 40 miles on a
charge and let's say solar was cost effective to install.  Why not?
You'd drop your petrol bills huge.  Now let's say your gas engine was
dual fuel or bio diesel.  You wouldn't need any gas.

It wouldn't happen right away, but the more technology we develop, the
easier it'll be to make that a reality and that's where I was wrong.