No people are not dying in the streets because of government public
health programs, that were instituted at the local, state and national
level. Moreover there is minimal health care for the poor.

Under your system there will be no subsidies for research, or for
clinical trials etc. You think prescription drugs are expensive now,
just wait until your minimalist system is instituted.

Speaking of public health, how about restaurants. In this area there's
a fairly good government inspection system for restaurants, yet on a
regular basis places are closed down for health code violations. With
that health code inspection system closed down under your minimalist
system eating out will become a whole new adventure.

larry