But, the coalition's mandate was to remove Iraqi forces from Kuwait and, I
believe, that the coalition would have disintegrated had the US suggested
chasing Iraqi forces into Iraq further.  As much as I was not a fan of George
HW Bush I think he understood the limitations of the coalition and the benefit
of keeping the coalition together to some degree even after the Gulf war.

GW, on the other hand, has a go-it-alone attitude which got us into the current
mess...

--- On Friday, July 08, 2005 3:49 PM, Larry C. Lyons scribed: ---