I have to disagree with you on this one Paul...

If consoles were dead, there wouldn't be all the new ones coming out....
I for one won't have games on my PC because I know I'll get distracted
from my work... and besides, I'd much rather go and sit on the lounge
than at the pc to play a game like Final Fantasy!!!  Besides, every kid
can switch on a console and start to play a game... not so with some
PC's!

As for pc being the gaming center... nup.  Broadband connections to your
PSX2 is going to give as much as network gaming on a PC.  And the bit
I'm excited about.... you can also now get a Linux kit for your PSX2...
It comes in somewhere around the $150 mark, and INCLUDES a 40 GB hard
drive, a USB keyboard, a USB mouse and heaps of Linux software... it
turns the PSX2 into a pretty tasty entertainment console.. and with a
copy of Opera/Mozilla, Evolution and Star Office running on the PSX2...
who needs a bulky overpriced PC with an overpriced OS on it!!!  Hell...
I could even code our ColdFusion web sites on it!!!!!