Same happened with Nintendo... most of the first round of games were
pretty naff too...  until Goldeneye!!  The only reason I bought the
Nintendo!!  Oh, and then Zelda!!

It's a normal occurence, companies rush to get titles out for the next
gen machines, and only over time can they learn to really 'use' the
technology.

We are seeing more and more games coming for PSX2, and each new game (in
most cases) offers a better experience than the last.

Look what companies are now doing with PSOne games!!  For a console that
is around 7 years old, it's still getting some pretty impressive games
being knocked out for it!!!   I suspect that PSX2 may not last 7 years,
we may see the next gen machine sooner... but, IMO, I reckon the
Playstation will outlast the xbox.  MS will bring out a new model every
12 months, that can't be upgraded!!  hehehe