http://www.yaleherald.com/article.php?Article=708
Others argue that drilling would decimate the environment and disrupt
the native animal populations. The reality is that the Trans-Alaskan
pipeline has not disrupted the animal population the way critics
assured us it would when it was built three decades ago. In fact, the
native caribou population has tripled since the pipeline's
installation, and today many caribou even cluster around the heated
pipeline for the warmth it provides.

As for the logging, I guess pick a side. I think the States know best.