Don't forget the War of 1812, You know the whole British Burned down the
Capital and Dolly Madison saved the paintings.

And the War with Mexico, where America fought a war against Mexico for the
sole purpose of gaining land.

America hasn't seen battles on her soil sense the Civil War. After the
Civil War we stopped trying to gain land through war. All of the land that
is the US with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii was a state or a
territory by the start of the Civil War.