For some reason, your response reminded me of the Fawlty Towers episode
"The Germans", with Basil constantly warning everyone "Don't mention
'The War'!" in the presence of the German Tourists staying at the
hotel... right before melting down, singing "Deutschland Uber Alles" and
doing his best Hitler impression.

- Jim