Wow what a list!!

> 1. hot/cold water outside spigots (front and back of the house)
hot and cold? not sure thats an option.... but why hot?

> 2. wash basin with hot/cold in the garage
It was an option but we declined (it still can change) Why do you
reccomend this?

> 3. as someone mentioned WIRE IT NOW FOR EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK >OF!
Phones in each room, cable in each room. I'll be networking myself,
but I doubt fiberoptic, isn't that expensive???

> 4. get as many recessed lights as possible (They are cool, and people
> love them, make sure they are dimmable)
with the vaulted cieling I am not sure how that woould work.

> 5. get as much room as you can in your closet if its over your garage
> (resale value)
2 foot bump extends the closet and bathroom :)

> 6. get hardwoods floors if you can (At least downstairs, again resale value)
   My wife likes carpet so...but I am putting it in the foyer and
possbily the dinning room.

> 7. get corian counters in your kitchen
eh?

> 8. go with custom cabinets rather than standard builder grade (All
> towards resale value)
Oak cabinets, choice of 5 colors matching bathroom. Putting our own
hardware on them.

> 9. get your driveway paved as part of the mortgage
Concrete upgrade already made :)

> 10. get a sprinkler system included
humm not sure if thats available..not much of a lot though...land is
at a premium :/

> 11. make the deck 5-6' bigger
no deck...just patio. 12x12 (option)

> 12. make sure that you have all things where you want them prior to
> the wall board going up.
good advice.

> 13. go with one flat color all over the house (paint later if you feel
> like room needs it but let the room speak for itself)
done (it costs more otherwise anyway)

> 14. DONT EXPECT TO FILL THE HOUSE IN ONE WEEK.  its a process not an
> event, enjoy the nothingness of nothing :)
actually out apartment is overstuffed and my wife still has stuff at
her parents house, but duely noted.

Great list. I'll have my own suggestions later :)

Adam H