S. Isaac Dealey wrote:
> Gallactica -- both series -- are way too slow for me... They seem
> intent on creating "Days of Our Lives" in space... I don't watch soap
> operas -- I'm not sure why somebody being pissed off about a sordid
> love affair is any more interesting if it occurs in space.

It isn't. But when the person you are in love with turns out to be the enemy it
gets a twist. And when you get to the whole 'can free will overcome
programming' it gets interesting. I hope Gallactica will not shy away from that
angle now that both Boomers are out of the picture. (And Boomer is totally hot.)

> Not to mention the host of tv show ideas that take off
> mostly as a way to use some interesting special effects and of course
> go nowhere because that works so much better in movies than TV...

That is pretty much what happened with the later seasons of Sliders. In the
beginning they had interesting 'what if' scenario's and they expanded a small
aspect of our current society to something that dominated another society. The
best one IMHO being the three minute lead-in where they were on some planet and
had to sign indemnification papers and more legal bullshit just to buy a
burger. But after a while they ran out of ideas and the show dried up.

Jochem