See here's where I get confused:
"The importance of the Land of Israel is not limited to Judaism; it is
also the place where Christianity was born, and contains many
locations of great spiritual significance to Judaism, Christianity,
and Islam."

So, I'm a bit at a loss as to why one of those religions has more of a
cultural/historical claim on the land than others.

I'm also a bit confused as to why Britain thought it necessary to
meddle in the whole affair to begin with, and why folks that actually
live there weren't left to fight it out for themselves long ago.

But, then again, I'm a bit confused as to why we're fighting someone
else's war in Iraq now, too. Nothing's ever black and white, is it?